Does porn make you rape?

The hardcore conservative people will say ‘Certainly it does. Porn elevates the sexual urge in the youths and the teens and that lead people to rape’. Let’s assume it to be true. Then why does the aged people rape? Why does Asharam rape? Why does a father rape a daughter? I don’t know whether they watch porn or not, but people like Asharam will never accept they do. Neither do they have unavailability of sex! They are people with wives and children. Then why did they rape. Also if watching porn would have made people rape, I believe almost every youth and teen must have been a rapist as I believe 90% of Indian youth and teen watches porn (I’m not sure of the rest 10%). So, watching porn certainly doesn’t make you rape.

Does watching porn make you not rape?

I think this idea is equally flawed as the former. Can anyone say that all the people who raped had never watched porn in their life! I don’t buy that. Of course there might be some who might not have access to it. But today with the availability of cheap android phones almost every autowala-rickshawala has such videos in their phones. Thanks to the easy availability of internet and the vast ‘awareness’ created by facebook now everyone knows where from to get such stuffs easily. Of course supporters of porn would say-It releases your sexual tension so makes you calm, which might be true to some extent. But if you say one who watches porn never rapes, I would not accept.

Does noodles make you rape?

This is the most nonsensical yet amusing logic that I have heard in the recent times. Thanks to the Khap for entertaining me. Jokes apart, the Khap should think before making such comments in such a delicate issue. I belong to the land –the Northeast, where eating noodles is too common. So according to that logic, the Northeast should have been the rape capital of India. But it’s not so. In fact it has much lesser of such incidents than the mainland India-UP, Bihar, Delhi etc. I don’t know even why I’m trying to disprove such an illogical statement. The Khaps and the right-winged communal people have always tried to maintain the male dominant society, and give lame excuses for a male’s wrongdoing or accuse the women for everything. They have said that girls wearing short clothes make people rape them. Now even if they wear short clothes, if you’re a moral and ethical person, why will you do such an inhuman act! And what were the 7-8 years old (or even smaller) school girls wearing, who became rape victims! Statements like ‘Boys will be boys. Mistakes happen’ by powerful politicians just promote such sick-minded people to do so.

Who rape?

Rape has nothing to do with watching porn or not or girls wearing short clothes or not. It has everything to do with the mentality of the person. It has everything to do with the moral upbringing of that individual. It has to do with the family he has been brought up, the environment he has been in. While you cannot blame the family if their sons do such a dastardly act, it is the duty of the parents to try to impart some moral values in them, while they are just kids. They should be brought up in a right environment where they themselves don’t see such things which they can emulate later in life. Also there is a growing need of talking openly about sex and stuffs with kids. Hushing up will only cause them to get these knowledge from wrong sources which might even mislead them.

Also knowledge about such things at a very small age can be harmful. It is okay if the child has become matured enough to understand what is right and what is wrong. But if you watch it from a very small age you might be going the wrong way. Because once you know all that, there will be a strong urge to do that, and when you’re not even able to judge what is right and what is wrong, you’ll have an inclination to it, and might not be ready to change your stand even when you grow up and understand the facts properly. So I would not suggest watching porn from a very small age

Addiction to porn can be harmful too even if it doesn’t make you rape. If you pump your blood all the time to your dick when will you pump it to your brain! Personally I would not suggest watching porn a lot. It should be occasional. And if you’re addicted to it, I think you should consult a doctor.

Rapes are committed by psychologically-ill people. They can’t be normal human beings. What pleasure can someone get when the other person is not cooperating and you’re forcing yourself on her (/him)! They are sick-minded people with something seriously psychologically wrong in them. I mean I too adore beautiful girls. ‘A thing of beauty is a joy forever’. But I don’t have such sick thoughts. Appreciating beauty is a different thing.

PS: These are my personal opinions and you can always differ or debate. I have done no research.

~KMnO4

Advertisements